DNV certified shore connection controller for marine power management systems
DNV certification and high reliability
MC200Neptune is the latest shore connection controller of Sices with the DNV certification based on the already successful mains supervising controller of MC200, with enhanced coating and sealing to resist harsh marine environment, which justifies in 5 years of warranty.
Shore connection control
MC200Neptune is managing shore connection of a ship during harbor operation. It’s been designed to synchronize all gensets simultaneously (controlled by GC600Neptune genset controllers) to the mains, with the soft transfer of the loads from the gensets to the mains, avoiding any blackout on the loads during the short time in parallel operation.
A ship usually uses the mains power supply only, without gensets long time in parallel, during the shore connection.
MC200Neptune automatically or manually controls the shore connection by Mains Circuit Breaker (MCB) and a connection of the bus to the load by Master Generator Circuit Breaker (MGCB).
Shore connection protection
MC200Neptune performs a continuous check of the mains voltages, mains currents and mains frequency characteristics and in case of any anomaly, it opens the Mains Circuit Breaker (MCB) to protect loads from faulty mains and to start the generators to supply the loads (auto mains fail function).
When the mains returns back to normal limits, MC200Neptune allows the gensets reverse synchronization to the mains, avoiding a blackout on the loads (“short time parallel”).
Power Management System
MC200Neptune is the part of the power management system along with GC600Neptune genset controllers, communicating by CAN bus and providing:
- full automatic start and synchronization of a genset when a trip or a pre-warning of a supplying gensets occurs
- load-dependent start & synchronization of gensets
- load dependent unloading & stop of gensets
automatic or manual change of gensets’ priorities
- reduced total fuel consumption by GC600Neptune‘s power management or synchronized mains supply during a harbor operation (shore connection) by MC200Neptune, the shore connection controller
- combined operation of shaft generators and AUX generators for the minimum fuel consumption
- bow thruster power reserve activation or trip of unnecessary load, depending on a site configuration
- support of Dynamic Positioning System by predefined I/O's control interface or by communication with Integrated Vessel Automation System
- support of multiple shore connections by multiple MC200Neptune within the power management system
All-in-one controller to fit any application
The controller has been fully equipped from a factory, i.e. neither optional hardware card nor software module is needed to purchase. The MC200Neptunee even comes with five of predefined application multi-genset modes.
Ensuring power supply
There is available manual/emergency operation and manual power management, based on e.g. a hardware signal of the controller’s watchdog.
Easy to operate
MC200Neptune is equipped by a large 4.3” color dimmable display of three preset color schemes with an option to hide unnecessary pages and the dimmable LED’s.
High measurement accuracy
MC200Neptune uses 12 bit A/D converter resulting in very accurate measurement of electrical and analog values, with e.g. 1% of AC voltage measurement error or 0.3% of AC current measurement error.
A part of ship’s IAS
The USB, RS232, RS485 (insulated) and Ethernet communication interfaces provide full integration of GC600Neptune and MC200Neptune controllers to the Integrated Vessel Automation System.
Accomplishment of various site requests
MC200Neptune comes with in-built set of powerful PLC functions to manage any special request of the site.
Free PC software tools of Sices
Configuration of MC200 Neptune can be either done by controller’s keyboard or by BoardPrg4 software tool. Similarly, any complex PLC diagram can be easily created with the SicesPlcEditor software. On the bridge, free SCADA software of SicesSupervisor3 covers monitoring and control of Sices controllers and also party Modbus instrument too.
All free to download at www.sices.eu
- The centralization of the start/stop commands towards the generators
- An internal synchronizer with voltage, frequency and phase differences control
- The centralized management of active power setpoints for the generators, to allow the gradual transfer of the loads with a rate
- The centralized management of power factor setpoints for the generators, when operating in shore connection
- The loss of mains protections (interface protections), to isolate the generators from the mains in case of failure of the mains itself
- The LOAD SHEDDING function (trip off unnecessary load), with 4 available levels, to ensure an urgent operation of bow thruster and avoiding blackout at the same time
- An end-lines loads voltages regulation function (by varying the generators voltage at the beginning of the line)
- Taking advantage of the internal calendar clock (with rechargeable backup battery):
- Periodical genset’s start-up with programmable rate, in order to verify their efﬁciency (this test can be done without loads, in parallel to the mains or in island mode by transferring the loads from the mains to the generators)
- Periodical and “on-event” history logs
- Embedded alarm horn
Default display languages:
EN, IT, PT.
Additional languages downloadable with boardprg tool:
ES, FR, RU.
- Supply voltage: 8…32 Vdc
- Power consumption: typic al less than 6W (stand-by controller switched on, LCD lamp switched off)
- Operating frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz
- 4.3” TFT color display with backlight
- Graphic display resolution: 480x272 pixel
- Graphic display dimensions: visible surface 95 x 54mm
- Operating temperature: -25 °C to + 60 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 °C to + 80°C
- Protection degree: IP65 (only with gasket correctly installed)
- Weight: 1100g
- Overall dimension: 244 (W) x 178 (H) x 83 (D)
- Panel cut-out: 218x159 mm (L x H)
- Compliant with DNVG-CG-0339
- Temperature: D
- Humidity: B
- Vibrations: A
- EMC: A
- Enclosure: B
Safety: built in conformity to EN61010-1
- L1-N, L2-N, L3-N, L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L1
- True RMS measure
- Lx-N max. voltage < 300Vac cat. IV. Rated input voltage: 100/400V
- Voltage input reading 50000V max. (with external voltage transformers)
System and auxillary currents
- L1, L2, L3, N (*)
- True RMS measure
- Internal current transformers. Rated input current: 5Aac e 1Aac
(*) The fourth current measurement can be used for differential protection or for power measurement on genset’s bus bars
Mains and bus bars frequency
Resolution = 0.1 Hz. Accuracy = ±50ppm, ±35ppm/°C (typical)
Resolution = 0.1V
Active and reactive power, power factor, are available as total measure and also for each single phase. Power and currents maximum reached values are stored with date and time. Additional analogical measures related to the engine are available in case of engines with CANBUS J1939 interface.
- N. 1 USB port (Modbus RTU)
- N. 1 RS232 serial port (Modbus RTU). It supports an external GSM / GPRS modem
(tested by Sices).
- N. 1 isolated RS485 serial port (Modbus RTU).
- N. 1 Ethernet port with RJ45 connector (Modbus TCP).
- N. 1 Insulated CANBUS interface for the connection of the expansion modules (EXBUS).
- N. 1 Insulated CANBUS interface for the connection of the other SICES controllers (PMCBUS).
- Rewind3 - 2G / 4G / 5G / GPS Device (for SIMONE).
Do you want more information?
Tell us about your idea and your needs, and we will leverage our expertise to provide you with a tailored solution that fits your project best.