Mains controller for multiple genset applications with mains circuit breaker management
High-level controller with double microcontroller, aimed for managing the mains (and the relative circuit breaker) in applications composed by multiple generators operating in parallel. Multiple MC200 controllers are allowed for each system, to manage multiple mains.
MC200 performs a continuous check of the mains voltages characteristics; in case of anomalous voltages, it can immediately operate on the MCB circuit breaker (loads protection from abnormal mains voltages) and start the generators to supply the loads (AMF function).
When the mains returns in correct conditions, it allows the gensets synchronization to the mains (“reverse synchronization”), avoiding a blackout on the loads (“short time parallel”).
While the generators are in parallel to mains, MC200 continuously checks the mains to detect any faults, (interface protection): in case of anomalies, it opens the MCB circuit breaker to isolate the generators from the mains.
MC200 is a "master" device, designed for the management of a Mains Circuit Breaker (MCB) and a Master Gensets Circuit Breaker (MGCB).
This makes the controller particularly suitable and effective for mains emergency applications (“MSB+MSTP” - Multiple Stand-by + Multiple Short Time Parallel), production in parallel to the mains applications (“MPtM” - Multiple Parallel to Mains) and mixed applications (“MSB+MPtM” - Multiple Stand-by + Multiple Parallel to Mains).
MC200 is designed to simultaneously synchronize all generating sets (controlled by SICES parallel controllers) to the mains, with the soft transfer of the loads from the generator sets to the mains, thus avoiding any blackout on the loads during the short time parallel.
The embedded “gensets management logics depending on the loads”, integrates perfectly with the same management present in the SICES parallel controllers.
MC200 can be combined with Sices controllers like: DST4602Evolution, DST4602, GC600 and GC400. In addition, if the plant includes a tie breaker, it can be controlled by the Sices BTB200 controller. Communication between devices is managed with a single CANBUS connection (PMCBus).
- The centralization of the start/stop commands towards the generators
- An internal synchronizer with voltage, frequency and phase differences control
- The centralized management of active power setpoints for the generators, to allow the gradual transfer of the loads with a specifiable rate
- The centralized management of power factor setpoints for the generators, when operating in parallel with the mains
- The production in parallel to mains at fixed power (BASE LOAD), with the power setpoint for the generators settable by parameter or by analogue input
- The production in parallel to mains at variable power (IMPORT EXPORT, variable production on the generators to guarantee a fixed power on the mains), with power setpoint for the mains settable by parameter or by analogue input
- The loss of mains protections (interface protections), to isolate the generators from the mains in case of failure on the mains itself
- The LOAD SHEDDING function (non-priority loads disconnection), with 4 available levels
- The PEAK SHAVING and PEAK LOPPING functions (start of generators due to excessive consumption of the loads from the mains)
- An end-lines loads voltages regulation function (by varying the generators voltage at the beginning of the line)
- Taking advantage of the internal calendar clock (with rechargeable backup battery):
- Periodical genset's start-up with programmable rate, in order to verify their efficiency (this test can be done without loads, in parallel to the mains or in island mode by transferring the loads from the mains to the generators)
- Selectable days and time intervals in which the generators must never be started
- Selectable days and time intervals in which the generators must be started even if the mains is present
- Periodical and “on-event” history logs
- Embedded alarm horn
- Active, reactive, apparent powers and power factors on the mains (total and single phase)
- Active and reactive energy counters (imported and exported)
- Total active and reactive power of all supplying gensets
- Supplying gensets load percentage
- Total active and reactive energy counters of all supplying gensets
True RMS measures for
- Mains voltages
- Genset bus bars voltages
- Circulating currents towards the mains
- Active, reactive, apparent powers and power factors on the mains (total and by phase)
- Active, reactive, apparent powers and power factor on gensets bus bars (total)
Default display languages:
EN, IT, PT.
Additional languages downloadable with boardprg tool:
ES, FR, RU.
- Supply voltage: 8…32 Vdc
- Power consumption: typical less than 6W (stand-by, controller switched on, LCD lamp switched off)
- Operating frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz
- 4.3’’ TFT colour display with backlight
- Graphic display resolution: 480x272 pixel
- Graphic display dimensions: visible surface 95 x 54 mm
- Operating temperature: -25 °C to +60 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 °C to +80 °C
- Protection degree: IP65 (only with gasket correctly installed)
- Weight: 1100g
- Overall dimension: 244 (W) x 178 (H) x 83 (D)
- Panel cut-out: 218x159 mm (L x H)
- EMC: conform to EN61326-1.
Safety: built in conformity to EN61010-1.
Interface protections (parallel to mains)
- Under voltage (27
- Under voltage with time dependent on voltage level (27T)
- Under voltage linked to imported reactive power (27Q)
- Over voltage (59)
- Under frequency (81U)
- Over frequency (81O)
- ROCOF (df/dt, 81R)
- Vector jump
Mains protections (for emergency service)
- Under frequency (81U)
- Over frequency (81O)
- Under voltage (27)
- Over voltage (59)
- Voltage unbalance (46)
- Wrong phases sequence.
- Minimum exported power to the mains (32)
- Max. current (50, 51, 50V, 51V)
- High/low supply voltage
- 1 USB port (Modbus RTU)
- 1 RS232 serial port (Modbus RTU). It supports an externa
- GSM/GPRS modem (tested by Sices)
- 1 isolated RS485 serial port (Modbus RTU)
- 1 Ethernet port with RJ45 connector (Modbus TCP)
- 1 Insulated CANBUS interface for the connection of the expansion modules (EXBUS)
- 1 Insulated CANBUS interface for the connection of the other Sices controllers (PMCBUS).
- Rewind - GPRS/GSM/GPS device (for SIMONE)
Do you want more information?
Tell us about your idea and your needs, and we will leverage our expertise to provide you with a tailored solution that fits your project best.